Monday, August 18, 2008

Lifehouse

I love the band lifehouse, they are just one of my most favorites.
So I finally get to take a vacation. All summer I haven't had one. I went camping once, but I didn't actually take any time off for it, so it was only a weekend get away. But now I have a real vacation coming. My cousin is getting married in Reno, NV (aka back home) and so my family, all but Josh and his wife, are flying out there thursday evening and staying until monday. I am definatly looking forward to it. I haven't been back to Fallon in so long, I am not even sure how many years. At least 3 or 4. It should be fun. I always had a hard time going back there as a kid because all of my cousins were so close and I kinda felt like an outcast. I was pretty shy, so I didn't really know how to include myself. The last time I went out there, however many years ago, I had a good time. I went on a date with my cousin's friend and it was alot of fun. I really do like Fallon, it is a nice little town, and it is where my dad's family is. Most of his sisters never left, one did, she moved to Cali with her husband, but the other two stayed. My cousin is actually marrying one of my mom's best friends sons.... haha she was actually the one who drove my mom to the hospital when she was in labor with me :)
I am moving next week. Which I am definatly looking forward to as well. Tor and I are going to have alot of fun. She suggested we have a toga party..... haha, I will let you know if that one ever comes to fruition or not :) A mormon toga party.... almost defeats the purpose of a toga party. Mormon college parties are nothing like regular college parties, we don't drink, ever, at all :) Which I am happy about, but it gives a whole new meaning to college party. We drink coke and that is our big thing :)
The last few months have been interesting for me. There has been alot going on, alot I have learned. They haven't been horrible by anymeans, but also not exactly easy. But I have learned alot. I have also found that I am terribly stubborn :) But that we learn things according to the time Heavenly Father needs us to learn them. not before and hopefully not after. When God wants something to happen, and of course we are doing our part, it just happens. Whether it be learning something, or finding something or being able to accomplish something. It seems that everything around us is on God's timetable. Which is something that is far beyond our comprehension, because he doesn't measure time the way we do. But he does it best :) I went out to spring lake yesterday, it is just down the road from my parents house, but it is a tiny tiny little town. Just barely even there. But the lake (well, almost pond kinda) is just so peaceful all the time. And it is cuddled right up next to the mountains, the ones that caught fire a few weeks ago. And it struck me how much has changed this summer.
The mountains that used to be lush and green are all now black and red from the burned trees and dirt under them. But they are still beautiful, in an almost haunting kind of way. And yet, the lake is the same. Just a few weeks ago it was pure chaos in that same place. Planes and helicopters landing there to get water in an attempt to stop the fires before the reached our homes. But now, it was just quiet and for the most part empty. And it reminded me of a painting I saw once, of a lake, and the caption was "Be still, and know that I am God" The power of that statement just came into my heart. We need nothing more than to know that he is God. Because within that short statment is held the answer to all of our questions and the reason we have peace in our hearts. He is God. He knows and he is in control. What more can you ask for? Than to know that the details of it all, every part of your life is watched over, and it is far from random. The meaning is so profound we cannot always see it. Sometimes I start to think that things are not going the way they should. But things always go the way they are supposed to. Perhaps not the way we intended, but nothing is ever not supposed to be.

Be Still, and Know that I am God.

No comments: